UNCERTAINTY AND RISK ASSESSMENT AREA
The main fields of research of this Research Area are the use of probabilistic and statistical methods for data analysis and modelling and decision making under uncertainty; the analysis of natural and human-induced hazards and the assessment of the consequences as well as emergency management in the case of extreme events. The research of the Area also regards the legal framework and institutional models for financing and risk transfer; and the analysis of astronomical data from Space and data from Earth observation by remote sensing.
- Understanding and Managing Extremes – UME
- IUSS Center for Astronomical and Remote-sensing Observations – ICARO
- Advanced Numerical Simulation Centre – CeSNA
- Understanding and Managing Extremes
- Computational Mechanics and Advanced Materials